For the 3rd Day of Christmas, I gift to you a little delicacy.
If you want the best tasting and most different chocolate truffles this year - I have it for you! This recipe has the right about of chocolate, nutty, salty flavour and a delicious fudgy texture. It's very quick to make, and little hands will love to help you as you create these simple truffles.
But if you make them now in time for Christmas, be prepared to have to make another batch before Christmas, as I'm telling you, they won't last!
• 1 1/4 cup of dates
• 1/2 cup oats
• 1/2 almonds
• 1/4 cup shredded coconut
• 3 tbsp raw cacoa
• 3 tbsp ground wattleseed
• good pinch of salt
• handful of choc chips
• more coconut to roll
• Add all of the ingredients to the food processor except for the coconut oil and process until it becomes quite fine.
• Add coconut oil and process for a further 2 minutes until the mixture is about to clump into a ball.
• The mixture may be warm, so leave it for 5 minutes before throwing the choc chips in.
• Pulse the choc chips in a few times to combine.
• Roll into small balls and coat in coconut.
• Place in a re-useable container and place in the fridge for 30 minutes before eating (store for a week).
• Enjoy after your ham and turkey with a soothing, digesting peppermint tea.