I've got some specialness to share with you this Christmas, I hope you enjoy it! From now until Santa arrives, I'm cultivating some of my favourite Christmas recipes, tips for purchasing and storing food safely, some lovely realisations around eating and enjoying eating, ideas on how to get everyone taking their plate to the sink (and respecting the chefs), how to bring your awareness to feeling your fullness and some updates on what I'm up to in Nutrition next year!
For my first day of Christmas, yours truly will give to you, a delicious salad that will turn heads, and guarantee the "give me your recipe for my folder" from the Aunties.
I've adapted the recipe from another author, and given it my own twist using my Little Seedy Topper mix. It's fresh, it's in season, it's easy to prepare, it travels well, and it will not clash with another BYO salad at the table!
It's my Raw Brussel Sprout and Blueberry Salad - told you no one will else will be bringing this baby to Chrissy lunch.
Brussel Sprout Salad
• 500g raw brussel sprouts (shaved)
• 2 punnets of blueberries (washed)
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
• 1 tbsp little seedy topper mix
• salt and pepper
• Shave brussel sprouts using a mandolin or food processor
• Add shaved sprouts, blueberries and almonds in to a large bowl and mix
• Combine oil, vinegar, honey, seeds and salt and pepper to a jar and shake to make a dressing
• Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well
Make sure you're subscribed so you don't miss out on any of my 12 days of Christmas for 2022. Check out my website and socials to find out more about me and nutrition.